Sanrixa is putting together a multi-skilled team for an exciting extension of our business in a niche area with a significant multi-billion dollar global market. You will be one of 5 co-founders of this exciting arm of our business.
To this effect we are looking for a marketing specialist who will be the de facto Director of Marketing and upon successful seed capital raise, the CMO.
Broadly, you will be responsible for:
- Developing highly effective marketing campaigns, targeting several proven and experimental customer demographics.
- Putting together an effective and multi-skilled marketing team.
- Implementing strategies, tactics, campaigns and brand messaging and leading the charge for our marketing team.
- Managing the marketing process from research and planning to execution and analysis.
- Participating in the development of branding and corporate identity initiatives
- Developing and implement marketing plans, including promotional calendars and programs, new product introductions and other marketing projects.
- Developing and managing marketing budgets.
- Developing sales forecasting and product branding plans.
- Establishing and growing a target market share.
- Monitoring marketing costs and budgets.
- Conducting customer, brand and product research initiatives.
- Offering expert advice to develop innovative advertising, public relations, social media and events.
- Negotiating with media partners to guarantee contracts that are advantageous to the company.
- Working with new business development team and sales teams on brand initiatives.
- Manage third party providers, consultants, freelancers and other sales & marketing suppliers, including contract negotiation and management.
- Supervise a marketing team, including hiring, training, defining and monitoring workloads, schedules and deadlines.
- Some work involves overseeing the operation and efficacy of our website’s, APP and email marketing programs, and providing analytics review.
Experience, skills and education
The role will suit an individual with excellent communication (be it pitching new business or writing customer lifetime value reports) and interpersonal skills, who has experience of working in a senior marketing role. The following requirements are desirable:
- A marketing degree, or a degree with a particular focus on marketing would be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of applicable experience is required.
- Knowledge of finance, especially expense management and profit and loss statements, is desirable.
- Familiarity with the creative side of marketing is important.
- An understanding of the ins and outs of marketing strategies, analysis of impact, marketing campaign execution and marketing staff management — all while keeping tight control over the bottom line would be an added advantage.
- Good attention to detail and versatility when working cooperatively and effectively with different personality types as well as other departments, vendors and clients.
- Should be able to transition seamlessly among projects of varying scale, audience and format, across various distribution channels.
- Able to delegate and collaborate with others in resource utilization.
For the successful candidate and as a Co-founder, you will receive equity in the company subject to contract and upon raising seed capital (crowdfunding stage); you will receive a subsistence/ salary package that’s reviewed quarterly in line with company performance.
This is a dynamic role with responsibilities that include identifying market opportunities and pivoting the marketing campaign to take advantage of such opportunities in activities that will build brand awareness, customer patronage and excitement for a product that will transform your life.
Prospective candidates must be available to attend meetings (in person & virtual) as and when required, especially once normal international travel resumes (following the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions) and should be available to work at the company’s premises/ offices, or to travel for meetings or other company projects, ventures or initiatives.
Please email your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com
No Agencies Please.
Closing Date: 30th April 2021